The Voluntary Action History Society (VAHS) aims to advance the historical understanding and analysis of voluntary action. VAHS is run by a committee of volunteers and has a membership of individuals. We are based in the UK but have members from across the world and work closely with international colleagues. A registered charity since 1995, VAHS carries out a number of activities including:
- Voluntary Action Seminar at the Institute of Historical Research, London.
- New Researchers’ workshops held throughout the UK.
- Biennial research conferences.
- Occasional conferences and symposia.
- Edited blog on topics of interest to historians of voluntary action.
For more information about VAHS, to join the mailing list, or if you are interested in giving a paper as part of our seminar series please contact Colin Rochester.